The Noble Shaykh Aḥmad Bāzmūl (may Allāh preserve him) stated:
I direct a warning to the guardians from the fathers, mothers, and other than them, that they pay attention and watch over their children in order that they don’t fall into speaking ill about the scholars and the Muslim rulers, due to which they may fall into the affairs of innovation and evil desires. That which is important, oh guardian, is that you know who are the companions of your child. Are they from the righteous gatherings or are they from the evil gathering?
It’s a mistake (on your part, oh guardian) if you think that the evil companion which you will not let your child accompany is only (limited to) the one who doesn’t pray, the one who smokes or does this or that from the acts of disobedience. Rather, there are those who are more evil than this (person who commits these acts of disobedience) and whose danger is more severe upon your child. That person is the youth whose outward appearance is that of righteousness and goodness. He prays with the Muslims and grows his beard (for example). However, he carries deviant and misgudied theories. He believes that the (Muslim) society is corrupt and not suitable. He believes it’s obligatory to change it and remove those who are presently (in authority). This person is more corrupted than the person of sin. He’s more dangerous than the person of sin, whether it’s regarding an individual or the society.
So that the picture becomes clearer to you, I’m going to mention some matters; if you find your child falling into them, then know that he is accompanying a youth who is not suitable for him to keep company with. Rather, it is obligatory that you keep him away and protect him from them:
- If you hear your child speaking ill of the committee of Major Scholars, then know that he is with these (corrupted) youth.
- If you hear your child reviling, cursing, and speaking ill of this country (Saudi Arabia) and its rulers, then know that he is these (corrupted) youth.
- If you see him accompanying and going out with a group from the youth and there is a youth similar to them in age or slightly older leading them and organizing them and they call him their Amīr (leader), the organizer or the one responsible for them (the youth), then know that he is with these (corrupted) youth.
- If you see him not going to the ‘Ulamā (Scholars of Islam) and listening to their speech, then know that he is with these (corrupted) youth.
- If you hear him saying “Jihād, Jihād” and “The ruler is not commanding (the people) with making Jihād”, then know that he is with these (corrupted) youth.
- If you see him following the news of these individuals who speak ill of this country (Saudi Arabia) from the likes of al-Faqīh and those like him, then know that he is with these (corrupted) youth.
- If you see him having concern and constantly reading the news papers and magazines and following up on the broadcast and news, then know that he is with these (corrupted) youth.
Oh noble parent, I ask Allah ‘azza wa jall to reward our scholars and rulers with all that is good, protect them from all evil and give them the success to be upon that which He loves and is pleased with from the speech and the actions. Likewise I ask Him, glory be to Him, the Most High, that He protects me, you and our children from all bad and evil. May the Ṣalāh and Salām be upon our Prophet Muḥammad, his family and companions.
Notes from Abu Yusuf Khaleefah:
1. Speaking ill of the scholars is a known trait of the Khawārij. They do so in order to discredit the scholars and turn the people away from them, due to the Scholars knowing the reality of the Khawārij and exposing their falsehood.
2. Speaking ill of the rulers is also a known trait of the Khawārij. They speak ill of the rulers in order to rouse the people up against them, up until the point where they declare the Muslim rulers to be Kuffaar without right. As result, the Khawārij justify their rebellion against the Muslim rulers.
3. The scholars of Islam are the inheritors of the Prophets. They inherit the knowledge that the Prophet left behind. With their absence, whether by death or them being abandoned by the people, there will be chaos and turmoil. Both of these are from the methodology of the Khawārij i.e. chaos and turmoil.
4. The Khawārij of our times use media to promote their ideologies and propaganda, distracting the people from the legislated knowledge. These deviant media include combat footage, videos of Muslim children being killed, etc, all in an effort to gain the support and sympathy of the people so that the people can join their corrupted cause.
5. The methodology of the Khawārij in (their so-called) bringing about social rectification opposes the Prophetic methodology in bringing about rectification.
6. The Khawārij are main concerned with the wealth and seat of power, just as their leader Dhul-Khuwaysirah’s concern was the wealth when he said to the Prophet: “Oh Muḥammad be just (in the distribution of the wealth).”
7. The methodology of the Khawaarij is one of secrecy whereas the call of the Prophet Muḥammad sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam was apparent and known.
8. The methodology of the Khawārij causes severing of the ties of kinship based upon falsehood, whereas the methodology of the Prophet Muḥammad sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam preserves the ties of kinship upon the truth and uprightness.
9. The scholars of Islam have long warned against the likes of Usāmah bin Laden, Ayman Ẓawahiri, al-Faqīh, al-Qaidah, and the other leaders of their respective terrorist groups. The scholars of Islam have warned against these criminals as a means of clarifying the truth, refuting falsehood and preserving the stability of the societies.
10. Islam is against terrorism, the killing of innocent souls, causing corruption in the earth etc. Therefore, it is not befitting to say “Islamic Terrorist” due to the corrupted and ignorant Muslims who commit acts of terror. Rather the blame and fault is to be placed on those individuals and not the religion itself.
Bārak Allāhu fīkum. May the Ṣalāh and Salām be upon the Noble Prophet Muḥammad, his family, his companions, and his followers.
Source: Al-Madārij Fī Kashf Shubuhāt Al-Khawārij, pages 107-108
Written and translated by Abu Yusuf Khaleefah
2nd of Safar, 1437 AH (11/14/2015)
Masjid Nur Allah, Queens, NYC
بسم لله الرحمن الرحيم
قال الشيخ الفاضل د.أحمد بازمول حفظه الله
أوجِّه تحذيراً للأولياء من الآباء والأمّهات وغيرهم أن يتنبّهوا ويراقبوا أولادهم من أن يقعوا في الطعن في العلماء والأمراء, فيقعون في البدع والأهواء. ومن المهم أيّها الولي أن تتعرف على أصحاب ابنك, هل هم من الجلساء الصالحين أم من الجلساء السيّئين
ومن الخطأ أن تظن أن الجليس السيّئ الذي لا تجعل ولدك يمشي معه هو فقط ذلك الذي لا يصلي أو يشرب الدخان أو أو…من المعاصي
بل هناك من هو شرٌّ منه وأشدُّ خطراً على ولدك, ذاك هو الشاب الذي ظاهره الصلاح والخير, يصلي مع المسلمين ويطلق لحيته ولكنه يحمل أفكاراً منحرفة وضالّة ويعتقد أن المجتمع فاسد لا يصلح ويجب تغييره وإزالة الموجودين, فهذا أشدّ فساداً من صاحب المعصية وأخطر منه سواء على الفرد أو المجتمع
وحتى تتّضح لك الصورة أذكر لك بعض الأمور التي إذا وجدْتَ ولدك يقع فيها, فاعلم أنه يمشي مع شباب لا يصلح أن يمشي معهم بل يجب أن تبْعده عنهم وتحفظه منهم
فإذا سمعت ابنك يطعن في هيئة كبار العلماء فاعلم أنه يمشي مع هؤلاء الشباب
وإذا سمعته يسبّ أو يشتم أو يطعن في هذه البلاد (المملكة السعودية) وحكامها, فاعلم أنه يمشي مع هؤلاء الشباب
إذا رأيته يمشي ويخرج مع مجموعة من الشباب ويرأسهم وينظمهم شاب مثلهم في العمر أو أكبر قليلاً ويدعونه بأميرهم أو منظّمهم أو مسؤول عنهم, فاعلم أنه يمشي مع هؤلاء الشباب
إذا رأيته لا يذهب للعلماء ويسمع كلامهم, فاعلم أنه يمشي مع هؤلاء الشباب
إذا سمعته يقول: الجهاد الجهاد وولي الأمر لم يأْمر بالجهاد, فاعلم أنه يمشي مع هؤلاء الشباب
إذا رأيته يتتبّع أخبار هؤلاء الذين يطعنون في هذه الدولة من أمثال الفقيه ونحوه, فاعلم أنه يمشي مع هؤلاء الشباب
إذا رأيته يهتمّ ويكثر بقراءة في الجرائد والمجلات ويتتبّع الإذاعات والأخبار, فاعلم أنه يمشي مع هؤلاء الشباب
أيها الأب الكريم, أسأل الله عزّ وجلّ أن يجزي علماءنا وولاتنا كلّ خير وأن يحفظهم من كلّ سوء وأن يوفقهم لما يحبه ويرضاه من القول والعمل كما أسأله سبحانه أن يحفظني وإياكم ويحفظ أبناءنا من كلّ سوء وشرّ وصلى الله وسلم على نبيّنا وعلى آله وصحبه وسلم”
المدارج في كشف شبهات الخوارج ص. 107-108